How Can We Advance Economic Inclusion and Racial Equity in South Florida?
Earlier this summer, the Asset Building Policy Network—in partnership with Hispanic Unity of Florida and the Urban League of Broward County— hosted an Economic Inclusion and Racial Equity Convening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
During this all-day event, participants were able to:
- Share and learn about the latest research, programs, ideas and solutions being implemented in the region to increase economic opportunity and bridge the racial wealth gap.
- Connect with tools, resources and information that would support their program and/or policy efforts.
- Build up their capacity to mobilize partners for action around key issues.
- Start and build partnerships within the region.
All materials and presentations from the event can be accessed through the links below.
- Event Agenda
- Event Summary
- Racial Wealth Gap Infographic (2019)
- Small Business, Big Dreams (National CAPACD)
- The Future of Banking: Overcoming Barriers to Financial Inclusion for Communities of Color (UnidosUS and PolicyLink)
- Case Studies from the National Committee For Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP)
- 2019 Prosperity Now Scorecard
- Accounting for Race A New Way to Compare the Financial Health of Households in States (Prosperity Now)
- Bound: How Race Shapes the Outcomes of American Cities (Prosperity Now)